Melbourne Star Day & Night Flight - Child
Melbourne Star, located in the thriving waterfront precinct of Docklands, is a whole new way to experience Melbourne, giving visitors and locals alike a new way to engage with Melbourne’s vibrant cityscape, day or night. Taking in the striking beauty of the cityscape and surrounding areas from the Southern Hemisphere’s only giant observation wheel, Melbourne Star is the perfect introduction to Melbourne and all that it is known for – sophisticated laneway culture; the museums; the buzz of the fashion strips; diverse food and wine and the tranquility of the gardens.
This day and night time pass is for one child between the ages of 5-15 and allows its holder to experience the changing face of Melbourne as it evolves from day into evening with two 30 minute flights. Perfect for just about anyone, the cabins are big and feel very safe whilst also providing wheelchair access should you need it.
We love the Melbourne Star for its spectacular scenery, awesome location and all the excellent information you can take in (called Tales of Melbourne) whilst visiting. It really is a must-see experience, we highly recommend it.
Did you know –
- Melbourne Star is one of four Giant Observation Wheels (London Eye, Singapore Flyer & Las Vegas High Roller) in the world.
- Melbourne Star opens daily from 10am to 10pm with the last departure at 9:30pm; excluding Christmas Day and ANZAC Day when operations commence from 1pm.
- 21 completely enclosed and heated/air-conditioned cabins.
- Each cabin is capable of accommodating up to 20 passengers.
- Melbourne Star’s maximum height is 120 meters – equivalent to a 40 story building.
- Melbourne Star provides uninterrupted 360 degree views across the Docklands precinct, Melbourne’s CBD, Port Phillip Bay and as far as Mount Macedon, Arthur’s Seat and the Dandenong Ranges.
- 30 minute flight experience but it’s a good idea to allow 60 minutes so you can take in the Tales of Melbourne pre and post flight experience.
Note - Operational hours are subject to adverse weather conditions and may need to be changed without notice.