Melbourne Star 'Star 360' Experience
Melbourne Star, located in the thriving waterfront precinct of Docklands, is a whole new way to experience Melbourne, giving visitors and locals alike a new way to engage with Melbourne’s vibrant cityscape, day or night. Taking in the striking beauty of the cityscape and surrounding areas from the Southern Hemisphere’s only giant observation wheel, Melbourne Star is the perfect introduction to Melbourne and all that it is known for – sophisticated laneway culture; the museums; the buzz of the fashion strips; diverse food and wine and the tranquility of the gardens.
This gorgeous Melbourne 360 Star Experience Package takes dining with a view to a whole new level. It includes exclusive use of a private cabin complemented by ah-mazing fine food and wine which can be tailored to suit your needs if necessary. On offer is a Piccolo or wine of your choice, dill blini topped with smoked salmon tarter with baby capers and red onion, a julienne of Asian vegetables, wasabi cream and shaved wagu tataki, wild mushroom and white truffle frittata and macaroons in selected flavours. Mmm, yum.
Perfect for the couple wanting a memorable romantic interlude: groups wanting to celebrate a special occasion: visitors to Melbourne looking to enjoy fine local food, and businesses wanting to mark a key milestone with employees and clients. Please let us know if your booking is for more than two people (using the chat option at the bottom of the screen) and we will give you some more information/pricing for bringing extra guests.
We love the Melbourne Star for its spectacular scenery, awesome location and all the excellent information available (called Tales of Melbourne) whilst visiting. The cabins are big and feel very safe whilst also providing wheelchair access should you need it. It really is a must-see experience, we highly recommend it.
Did you know –
- Melbourne Star is one of four Giant Observation Wheels (London Eye, Singapore Flyer & Las Vegas High Roller) in the world.
- Melbourne Star opens daily from 10am to 10pm with the last departure at 9:30pm; excluding Christmas Day and ANZAC Day when operations commence from 1pm.
- 21 completely enclosed and heated/air-conditioned cabins.
- Each cabin is capable of accommodating up to 20 passengers.
- Melbourne Star’s maximum height is 120 meters – equivalent to a 40 story building.
- Melbourne Star provides uninterrupted 360 degree views across the Docklands precinct, Melbourne’s CBD, Port Phillip Bay and as far as Mount Macedon, Arthur’s Seat and the Dandenong Ranges.
- 30 minute flight experience but it’s a good idea to allow 60 minutes so you can take in the Tales of Melbourne pre and post flight experience.
Note - Operational hours are subject to adverse weather conditions and may need to be changed without notice.